What Is Maybank Secure2u
Maybank introduces Secure2u, a new safer and convenient way to authorise online transactions. Secure2u consists of :
- Secure Verification: Feature that allows a user to approve or reject Maybank2u selected transactions directly from their smartphone.
- Secure TAC: It requires a user to key in a 6-digit TAC number generated on the mobile app o authorise Maybank2u transactions. Also a new alternative to SMS TAC for selected transactions.
These new features are only available on the new Maybank App. Which can be downloaded from Google Play Store and Apple Store.
Secure2u is a safer and convenient way to authorise transactions using Secure Verification (one-tap approval) and Secure TAC (6-digit TAC number generated on the mobile app). This feature is an alternative to SMS TAC and available via the Maybank app.
What is the Difference between Secure Verification, Secure TAC and SMS TAC
Secure Verification: A notification alert will be sent to a user registered device for selected transactions. User must approve or reject the notification within 30 seconds
Secure TAC: Consists of 6 Digit TAC Number, generated by Maybank App. User needs to use the PIN to authorise your transaction via Maybank2u website.
SMS TAC: 6 PIN number received via SMS.
How to Register for Secure2u
- Download and install the Maybank New App
- Launch the Maybank New App
- Before Login, TAP on Secure2u
4. Follow on-screen instruction
5. You will receive On Time Password (OTP) SMS, key in the OTP. Make sure your handphone number is correct.
6. Then you will need to key in your MyKad number.
You must have an internet connection to use Secure Verification. To choose Secure Verification as the mode of authorisation, you will be prompted with a push notification message alert on your registered smartphone. You need to “Approve” or “Reject” the transaction within 30 seconds.
If you choose Secure TAC as your mode of authorisation, you can obtain the 6-digit number by tapping on ‘Secure2u’ button on the Maybank App. Please enter the 6 digit number generated to approve your transactions.
Effective 14 December 2019, authorisation using Secure2u is required for transactions RM8,000 and above.
No more waiting for SMS
Secure2u is available on the Maybank app!
1. Tap on ‘Secure2u’
2. Follow on-screen instructions
1. Tap on the drawer menu
2. Tap on ‘Secure2u’
3. Follow on-screen instructions
Already have a Maybank App? Launch to activate now.
Click here for more information
Click here for Terms & Conditions
Download Maybank app:
If you have received the Secure2u notification but after opening it you faced a blank screen, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to your smartphone ‘Settings’
2. Search for ‘Maybank App’
3. Select ‘Storage’
4. Choose to ‘Clear Data’
5. Launch the Maybank app and onboard with your details
6. Once done, tap on the drawer menu and register for Secure2u
If you are unable to receive push notifications from Maybank App, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to your iPhone ‘Settings’
2. Search for ‘Maybank App’
3. Select ‘Notification’
4. Choose to ‘Allow Notification’
For Android phones:
1. Go to your Android phone ‘Settings’
2. Select ‘Apps’
3. Search for ‘Maybank App’
4. Select ‘Notifications’
5. Choose to ‘Enable’ or switch ‘ON’ app notifications
Source : Maybank Secure2u