NameCheap and Godaddy, Here Comes New Contender!
There is a new domain daddy in town. Google is very serious about domain business. Google wants to complete blogger with Google domains. So internet user can totally use Google service when blogging at cheaper cost.
Google has opened up their domain services to all US internet user. Last year, only user with invitation can use Google Domain services.
Google Domains Features, that you should know :
- More than 60 domains ending like .company, .florist and .coffee (view the full list here)
- Simple Domain Management Tools. You can configure domain, website and email setting with just a few clicks.
- Easy Integration with Blogger .
- Private Registration at no cost. Unlike other domain registrar, you have to pay extra to hide your details.
- Fast, Reliable and Secure Internet Google Infrastructure. For me Google = Internet, if Google down, then Internet must be down too.
- Customize your domain with up to 100 sub-domains, For example lankapo.com, you can have best.lankapo.com, powerlah.lankapo.com and a lots more.
- Create up to 100 email aliases with your domain, . WoW! [email protected], hands[email protected]
How to Buy Domain at Google Domain even You are outside of US
A few domains are still active and updated. The rest is still without a hosting.
What do you need to buy domain from Google :
- Gmail account
- Debit /Credit Card
- Card Billing Address ( Malaysia in my case)
- Any US postcode
1. First, Register at Google Domain by using your gmail account. Then search for your favorite domain keyword.
2. There will be a pop up saying that ” We’re sorry. You appear to be in a country where Google Domains is not yet available” Just ignore and click Continue
6. Next step, fill in your card details. i just use my Maybank Debit Card. Pay attention on the red box. On Name and Hone Location, make sure you put your name and US postcode.
7. Actually I got the US postcode by using EziPos Malaysia. Any other US valid postcode should be work actually. I just want to be on the safe side. Remember Google did say that as long as you have a US billing address, you are good to go.
Good Luck by trying this method. I just want to say that I will not held responsible if you fail or loose money in order to purchase domain from Google Domains. Try at your own risk.
I believe that there is a bug at step no 8. I just hope that by the time that Google realize that bug, Google Domains already open to all.
So far I already bought one domain and have no problem with it. One tiny problem, if you change the DNS, you will be not able to use email and subdomain features. So I just stick with Google DNS and point my domain to blogger platform.
Ok that is all for now. See you and have a nice day.