Eto’o launches scathing attack on Rijkaard

MADRID, Feb 13 (Reuters) – Samuel Eto’o has hit out at Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard for saying the striker refused to come on as a substitute in Sunday’s 2-0 victory over Racing Santander.

‘Telling a news conference I didn’t want to play is the behaviour of a bad person,’ the Cameroon international told reporters on Tuesday.

‘They can say what they want but I’ve always met my obligations to my team mates. If you want to know what really happened you should ask Rijkaard.’

The Dutch coach asked Eto’o, who recently returned after four months out with a knee injury, to come on in the closing minutes at the Nou Camp but the striker rejected the request.

‘Eto’o warmed up but afterwards told (assistant coach) Eusebio he did not want to come on,’ said Rijkaard after the game.

‘I think it’s a shame because every minute, every moment, can be important…I haven’t spoken with him but I’m always prepared to talk to the players.’

Eto’o, whose outspoken comments have landed him in trouble in the past, said the incident had been built up in the media by opponents of Barcelona president Joan Laporta.

‘I’ve found myself in the middle of a war which isn’t mine,’ he said. ‘There are two groups in Barcelona and I’m the one taking the flak.

‘I don’t have to give any explanations to anyone. I will only give an explanation to the club if they ask me to.’

lankapo : ini petanda baik nih, hehehe klu dah gaduh nih buleh lah Real bangkit balik. Adakah ini petanda prestasi Barcelona akan merundummm…Tungguuuu

Check Your Summon Through SMS

Malam tadi adik aku tetiba miscall.  Aku terpaksa call baliklah pastu.  Dia cakap kereta kancil dia kena saman. Aku fikir apa masalahnya, ingatkan dia nak pinjam duit. Tup2 cerita balik rupa-rupanya aku yang kena saman bawak keta dia. Aduhhhh tak pasal-pasal.

I drived his car during my wedding on the way to Lenggong, kena saman kat Kuala Kangsar. Nak tergelak pun ada . Mana taknya, masa bawk wira tak ada plak kena. Ni naik keta dia sekali tu jerk buleh kena.

mmmm nasib2.

To those of you yg nak cek saman anda

Type : Polis saman *your car plat number* semua

send to 32728


Once a Hero, Now treated like Zero

Ronaldo and beckham

Calderon slams Beckham for Real departure

MADRID, Jan 15 (Reuters) – Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has publicly criticised David Beckham, saying he messed the club around over his future. The former England captain announced last Thursday he would not be extending his contract with Real, but would join Los Angeles Galaxy at the end of the season.

‘For months he was messing us around. He never told us he’d bought a house there and I don’t think that was right,’ Calderon told radio station Onda Madrid on Monday.

‘He deserved a better end to his time at Real Madrid.’

Media reports said Victoria Beckham had travelled to the United States and was looking for a house this week.

In another interview with radio station Onda Cero, Calderon said: ‘I didn’t like the way Beckham conducted himself, announcing publicly that he had another team, doing a video-conference…’

After Beckham made his announcement, club coach Fabio Capello said the midfielder would only train with the side and not play for the rest of the season.

The Italian said this had been a joint decision taken by the club’s technical staff, including sporting director Predrag Mijatovic. He said it was not possible to rely on a player who had a contract with another club.



(more…)

Five highways to charge new rates from Jan 1

Tuesday November 28, 2006

KUALA LUMPUR: Toll rates will be increased for five concessionaires come Jan 1, 2007, according to Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu.

He said the Government could not afford to compensate the concessionaires for the Guthrie Corridor Expressway, Karak Highway, Grand Saga Cheras-Kajang Highway, Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong (LDP) and Kesas Shah Alam Highway the estimated RM2bil, if no increase was approved during this round of concession agreements.

It is understood that this is how much the Government will have to fork out until the concession agreements lapse.

Citing an example, Samy Vellu said the original toll rate when the LDP first opened was RM1.50.

“But because of complaints by the people, it was reduced to RM1. Just because the toll was reduced, it did not mean the balance of 50 sen did not have to be paid,” he said, adding that the Government had to compensate the LDP concessionaire RM68mil last year and RM76mil this year.

Samy Vellu said the quantum of increase would only be finalised after a study by the ministry to make sure the increase was reasonable and would not burden the public.

The last toll increase was on Jan 1, 2005, when Plus Expressways increased toll rates by 10% on the North-South Expressway. In April 2002, Kesas highway also raised its rates by between 20 sen and 60 sen.

Samy Vellu added that as a matter of policy, the Government would also ensure that if there were two different concessionaires operating on similar routes their toll rates would be identical.

Meanwhile, in Petaling Jaya, Pan Malaysian Bus Operators Association president Datuk Ashfar Ali said he hoped that the increase would not apply to buses.


(more…)

Noh to parents: Enrol kids or risk jail term

DUNGUN: The Education Ministry has reminded parents with children eligible for Year One to enrol them in school or face the risk of being fined or jailed.

Deputy Education Minister Datuk Noh Omar said Section 29A of the Education Act 1996 stated that parents who did not enrol their children in school could be fined RM5,000 or jailed six months.

“It is compulsory for parents to ensure that their children are registered or else they have to face the music,” he said after presenting awards to UPSR high scorers at Sultan Mizan Politeknik here yesterday.

He said parents could no longer use poverty as an excuse for not enrolling their children in school because the Government had established the Poor Student Aid Fund to assist all unprivileged pupils.

He said poor parents would be given RM200 under the fund to be used for registration fees.

Noh said the Government would also increase the RM50 monthly aid currently distributed to poor students to RM70 next year.

“We are also giving free breakfasts to needy pupils. The allocation for meals has also been boosted from RM1.5mil to RM200mil annually beginning next year,” he said.

He said the Government’s aim was to ensure that pupils from poor families were not deprived of an education up to Form Five and could be high achievers despite their difficulties.

Meanwhile, Noh urged teachers to apply “exciting techniques” when teaching Science and Mathematics in English.


p/s
Siapalah yang tak nak hantar anak dia ke sekolah melainkan dihimpit kemiskinan. Kerajaan seharusnya berlembut dalam menangani masalah ini, bukannya menghukum membuta tuli ibubapa yang tidak mampu ini. Patutnya umumkan kepada mana-mana keluarga yang tak mampu laporkan kepada Jabatan Kebajikan ker dan sebagainya,untuk memudahkan saluran bantuan.

Page 76 of 78« First...102030...7475767778