Back in the old days, queuing at the bank to withdraw money is tiresome. I remember once when I was in a boarding school in Pekan Pahang, I have to run back to my hostel because I forgot to bring my identification card when already at the bank.
I have no other choice but to run because bus will take a long time and the gate will be close around 5 pm . Taxi, hello.. I am a student and probably the money I have at that time is 70 cents, enough to get to the bank by bus. Can you imagine, I ran back to my hostel, took my IC and retun back to the bank. The distance between my hostel and bank around 2km. Fuhh. I must be really fit that time haha 🙂
Nowdays, we are so lucky that bank use online transaction like Maybank2u and CIMBclicks.
Maybank2u and ASB
Today, I just want to share on how to send money to Amanah Saham Bumiputera or ASB. Since I am living abroad, usually I will transfer money to my father using Western Union and asked him to invest in my ASB account at Maybank counter.
Then I read on Maybank2u that I can transfer online to my ASB account. That is good news, I don’t have to trouble my father anymore. I only manage to link my Maybank2u to ASB last September, when I flew back to Malaysia for short holiday. I also have to change my mobile number registered to Maybank2u because the old one already terminated.
It is really important because, I need to receive TAC number for any transaction to be made except for Favorite account. Luckily, I manage to receive my TAC code even I am abroad. I use Umobile prepaid and need to top up every month to maintain the number. Here, my Umobile number is using Vodafone TR network. At first, I was quite skeptical using prepaid number to receive sms from Maybank2u and register a new line number is not an option. Even the guy that sold me the prepaid number was not sure, he even call his umobile agent to confirm. The UMobile told him that, I can receive sms from Maybank even I am abroad by maintaining balance RM50 on my phone. It easy to have RM50 balance because I cannot use it here, cannot call only sms.
Lets focus back to Maybank2u and ASB.
Maybank2u ASB Registration
In order for us to transfer money to ASB online using Maybank2u, we have to register our ASB account into Maybank2u. Please have your ASB account book and handphone in front of you during registration.
Login to Maybank2u.com and click Investment tab and select “ASNB Unit Trust” from the menu.
After that click “Add” to Register your ASNB Account
After that, select “Amanah Saham Bumiputera”, click continue and Request for a TAC Number
Next page will be Declaration page. You have to check acknowledge the terms and conditions. There a a few important details that you need to aware :
Service fee for transaction money to ASB is RM 1 plus 6% GST = RM1.06. NOT 6% from the amount that you transfer to ASB. 6% GST is only charged from Service Fee only.
Transaction after 5pm will be considered as next business day transaction.
You can transfer money to third party account ASB holder. Let say you register your wife or children ASB account.
After you click next, you will be presented with online form like below. Key in your Membership No(ASB Account number), Membership ID (IC Number) and Type along with your Name and click “Continue”
Make sure you refer to your ASB account book, your name on the book and maybank2u must be the same. Confirm all the details displayed and fill in the TAC code received. Click “Confirm” to continue.
When the Confirmation Status page is displayed, keep the record for your reference. Your registered ASB account will be pending for approval. Usually it will take 36 to 48 hours. You can transfer money when you get Active green status.
How to Transfer Money from Maybank2u to ASB
When you account status is active, you can transfer money to your ASB account. Follow the steps below:
Select “ASB Payment” from the top sub menu
Select the account for payment from the dropdown list and click “Continue”
Next is declaration page, please read and understand the Declaration. Check the box to acknowledge the terms and conditions. Click “Next”
Key in the amount you would like to invest and select the account you wish to make the payment from in the dropdown list. Click “Continue”
Confirm the details of the transaction and click “Confirm”
When the Payment Status page appears, click “Print Receipt” and keep it for your future reference. If any problem with the transaction, Maybank will reimburse your money not ASB.
It will take 1 or 2 business days for the money you transferred to available on your ASB account, so be patient. My advice, try transfer with small amount. Then check, how long it will take or are you facing any problem during transaction before you can proceed with larger amounts.
That’s all for now tutorial sharing from me. Hope you can invest and save money in your ASB account thru Maybank2u. Good luck.
Malaysians have been hit hard with GST and bad jokes from our Minister.Cost of goods have increase from children diapers to online transactions. However we should not give up and do nothing to improve our life. I hope this entry will cheer you up. I will try to help you to earn online by developing online game website or arcade game.
Why Game Online Website?
Everybody loves to play game online nowadays. From children to adult, man and women. Based on a research done by Spilgames “2013 State of Online Gaming Report”, did you know that 700 Million people worldwide play online games. All data are taken from comScore and eMarketer.
From 700 Million online gamer, 46% are women and 54% are man. You can see also Boys & Men have the same Top Game Categories. Maybe its true they say that men never grow up. Both like Racing, Sports and Action games. Compare to girls and women that have different type of game.
I just want to show you guys on how to setup your WhatsApp on your computer. It is easy to setup your WhatsApp Web Online. You just need Chrome browser and latest WhatsApp.
Most Awaited Features : WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp announcement on WhatsApp Web is a big relief as more user tend to convert to Telegram. This features is a long waited by WhatsApp user. Before this, user have to install Android emulator just to get WhatsApp online on their PC. Which I already did. But it just too slow and always hang.
Maybe this features is a little too late compare to other phone messaging app such as Telegram and Wechat. But bare in mind, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app with its user up to more than half billion active user around the world. So this is a good start. Better late than never.
You can type easily, share file, links and picture to all your WhatsApp friends. No more peeking at your hand phone to see message from your friend or group.
How to Use WhatsApp Web Online Chrome Browser
1. Make sure you have latest updated WhastApp on your phone. The latest WhatsApp have WhatsApp Web menu when you click on the menu setting. If you dont have this menu, please download and install from Google Play or WhatsApp download page.
Make sure you backup all your data and message history before you install latest WhastApp.
2. WhatsApp Web is only support by Google Chrome. So for now Firefox or Opera even Internet Explorer are not supported yet. Maybe soon they will add it.
3. Then go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on Chrome browser. You will see a QR code and instructions on how to open WhatsApp Web menu on your phone. For Android and Window Phone user, you just need to open WhatsApp, click menu and find WhastApp Web menu.
For Blackberry , you need to open WhastApp, go to chats, click menu and find WhastApp Web menu.
For Blackberry 10 smartphone, Open WhastApp, just swipe down from top of screen and find WhatsApp Web menu.
4. When you click WhatsApp Web menu, scan QR code on your Chrome browser. Make sure you fit the QR code in to your scanner and heard a click sound. This to ensure that you log in.
5. You will see interface like below if you successfully log in to your WhatsApp Web account. You can turn on Desktop notification. You also can see Chat History, Video and Voice message online. You can see Group chat on your left menu. Plus you can share video,image and link from your computer to your whatsapp friend. Awesome!
Still New and Need Improvements
There are few lacking features in WhatsApp Web, such as :-
You cannot easily forward picture that you receive. You need to download it first and re upload it back to send to other friend.
You cannot directly change profile status and picture online. You need to change it on your phone. Then it will sync online.
Admin group cannot add or modify data online and even normal user cannot leave or create group online
You also cannot delete or clear chat history.
iOS is not supported yet.
Beware of Hackers
You should realize that by using WhatsApp online, you can expose your account to potential hackers. Especially if you use your computer at office or in public places and left it. So make sure it is password protected when you left your computer.
Make sure after you are done using WhatsApp web, log out from all computers to avoid access from third party. It is very important, because you don’t want your sensitive picture and video falls to the wrong hand.
There is a new domain daddy in town. Google is very serious about domain business. Google wants to complete blogger with Google domains. So internet user can totally use Google service when blogging at cheaper cost.
Google has opened up their domain services to all US internet user. Last year, only user with invitation can use Google Domain services.
Google Domains Features, that you should know :
More than 60 domains ending like .company, .florist and .coffee (view the full list here)
Simple Domain Management Tools. You can configure domain, website and email setting with just a few clicks.
Easy Integration with Blogger .
Private Registration at no cost. Unlike other domain registrar, you have to pay extra to hide your details.
Fast, Reliable and Secure Internet Google Infrastructure. For me Google = Internet, if Google down, then Internet must be down too.
Customize your domain with up to 100 sub-domains, For example lankapo.com, you can have best.lankapo.com, powerlah.lankapo.com and a lots more.
A few domains are still active and updated. The rest is still without a hosting.
What do you need to buy domain from Google :
Debit /Credit Card
Card Billing Address ( Malaysia in my case)
Any US postcode
1. First, Register at Google Domain by using your gmail account. Then search for your favorite domain keyword.
2. There will be a pop up saying that ” We’re sorry. You appear to be in a country where Google Domains is not yet available” Just ignore and click Continue
3. Domain availability will pop up, select your desired domain and please make sure you have enough balance in your debit card /credit card before you make a purchase.
4. Click proceed to checkout to proceed with payment
5. Fill in your personal details. Make sure your address is valid and legitimate. Also make sure that your address is the same with your card billing address. DO NOT use US address here.
6. Next step, fill in your card details. i just use my Maybank Debit Card. Pay attention on the red box. On Name and Hone Location, make sure you put your name and US postcode.
7. Actually I got the US postcode by using EziPos Malaysia. Any other US valid postcode should be work actually. I just want to be on the safe side. Remember Google did say that as long as you have a US billing address, you are good to go.
8. Then you will receive “Uh oh, There was a problem”. Don’t worry, we actually expect this Technical Error to happen. Click Close. Then try again o buy your selected domain. You wont have to fill in details on your address and card as it already stored in the system. (This is some kinda of big I guess)
9. After you repeat with buying process, Google Wallet screen will appear like below picture. Google has identify you as user from US. Proceed by clicking BUY button.
10. Final step, after Google successfully charge your card, you will have this simple management domain tool like below. You can link/forward your domain to blogger or existing website. You can also create sub domain and email easily. The GUI is straightforward.
Good Luck by trying this method. I just want to say that I will not held responsible if you fail or loose money in order to purchase domain from Google Domains. Try at your own risk.
I believe that there is a bug at step no 8. I just hope that by the time that Google realize that bug, Google Domains already open to all.
So far I already bought one domain and have no problem with it. One tiny problem, if you change the DNS, you will be not able to use email and subdomain features. So I just stick with Google DNS and point my domain to blogger platform.
Ok that is all for now. See you and have a nice day.