Most Awaited Features : WhatsApp Web
How to Use WhatsApp Web Online Chrome Browser
1. Make sure you have latest updated WhastApp on your phone. The latest WhatsApp have WhatsApp Web menu when you click on the menu setting. If you dont have this menu, please download and install from Google Play or WhatsApp download page.
Make sure you backup all your data and message history before you install latest WhastApp.
2. WhatsApp Web is only support by Google Chrome. So for now Firefox or Opera even Internet Explorer are not supported yet. Maybe soon they will add it.
You can download Google Chrome here.
3. Then go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on Chrome browser. You will see a QR code and instructions on how to open WhatsApp Web menu on your phone. For Android and Window Phone user, you just need to open WhatsApp, click menu and find WhastApp Web menu.
For Blackberry , you need to open WhastApp, go to chats, click menu and find WhastApp Web menu.
For Blackberry 10 smartphone, Open WhastApp, just swipe down from top of screen and find WhatsApp Web menu.
Still New and Need Improvements
There are few lacking features in WhatsApp Web, such as :-
- You cannot easily forward picture that you receive. You need to download it first and re upload it back to send to other friend.
- You cannot directly change profile status and picture online. You need to change it on your phone. Then it will sync online.
- Admin group cannot add or modify data online and even normal user cannot leave or create group online
- You also cannot delete or clear chat history.
- iOS is not supported yet.
Beware of Hackers
You should realize that by using WhatsApp online, you can expose your account to potential hackers. Especially if you use your computer at office or in public places and left it. So make sure it is password protected when you left your computer.
Make sure after you are done using WhatsApp web, log out from all computers to avoid access from third party. It is very important, because you don’t want your sensitive picture and video falls to the wrong hand.