Last week I bought a new Wireless Broadband Router after finally fixing my Streamyx connection problem. It cost me around RM 145.Since I always try to hack my neighbor wireless network (which I always failed ) : ) so I think it’s better for me to get my own.
key features :
Up to 54 Mbps Wireless data rate
Up to 3x eXtended Range™ support to boost your Wireless network range to up to 200 meters (indoors) or 800meters (outdoors).
eXtended Range™ feature interoperable with other 3rd party devices
Compatible with IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u standards
Increased signal sensitivity for better Throughput.
Increased security with WPA/WPA2 and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK authentication and TKIP/AES encryption security
Built-in firewall supporting IP address filtering, Domain Name,filtering, and MAC address filtering
Integrated 4-port 10/100 Mbps Auto MDI-MDIX switch and detachable antenna
UPnP, Dynamic DNS, Static Routing, and VPN pass-through support
User-friendly Web browser-based configuration
Installation : easy start guide
- Connect your laptop to your Aztech router using Ethernet Cable
- Make sure your modem is connected to your router usually blue LAN cable from modem to WAN scoket.
- Make sure your laptop/pc detect the Wireless Broadband Router. Please check your computer network. Your network must establish connection now.
- Open your internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 to login to Aztech Web Manager (Make sure you secure a connection LAN with your Router)
- Select dynamic ip and put your Streamyx log in id (must be username@ streamyx only without .com) and password
How to secure your wireless home network ? This is important to protect your wireless network from intruders or hackers.
- select wireless menu setup
- change SSID
- apply security by selecting WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- ENTER a PSK passphrase with a combination of number and letter
- click save
- WALA your connection is ON
official site : aztech wireless broadband