During my online transaction with CIMBClick, I usually ignore CIMB advertisement. Not until I saw Elizabeth Tan with a travel bag and a guitar. She is a new singer in Malaysia and popular for her song “Knock, Knock”. At first, I thought that the ad is about Travel Insurance because there is no dollar or euro symbol on the ad. Even though I did read Travel Currency on the ad but my brain cannot decipher the message and can only see Elizabeth Tan singing with her blue stewardess uniform. 🙂
My point is please put a clear message on your advertisement, men cannot understand this kind of ad clearly. Please, if you want to promote Currency Exchange Service, please put Dollar and Euro Symbol or Elizabeth Tan holding a lot of Foreign money bill. Don’t just simply put Elizabeth Tan with guitar and a bag. We , men can easily get confuse. 🙂
How To Buy Currency Online with CIMB Travel Currency
OK now I can clearly understand by looking at the picture above. Let say if I want to buy One Thousand American Dollar USD 1000 from CIMB Travel Currency can I get Elizabeth Tan number hehe.
- First I need to go to CIMB Travel Currency Site.
- Select my American Dollar from the foreign money list.
- Check the Exchange Rate.
- From my survey on 20 October 2015, the rate is quite good
- USD 1 is equal to RM 4.28 even though real time QE Currency stated RM 4.24
- Next screen, my order will be listed. I can also add more foreign currency. Let say I want to buy Euro currency, I just can click Add another currency plus sign.
- For Collection details, I need to enter my personal details and bank location to pick up my Dollar and Euro money. You can select location from CIMB Branch at all major airports including KLIA and KLIA2.
- Unfortunately for amount more than RM 5000, CIMB staff will call you first within 2 days to confirm your order and after that you can proceed to make the payment. This to make sure that you a not a scammer.
- Lastly, you final order page will look like this.
**If you order is below RM 5,000, you can proceed to pay the amount via CIMBClicks or from other bank.
A few reminder :
- Please make sure, the person that is going to collect the money at the selected bank must be you and all details are exactly match with the form you filled.
- If you want other people to pick it up, it is not possible. You can call CIMB to rearrange pick up time.
- You have 60 days to pick up the money you ordered, so please plan wisely.