During my online transaction with CIMBClick, I usually ignore CIMB advertisement. Not until I saw Elizabeth Tan with a travel bag and a guitar. She is a new singer in Malaysia and popular for her song “Knock, Knock”. At first, I thought that the ad is about Travel Insurance because there is no dollar or euro symbol on the ad. Even though I did read Travel Currency on the ad but my brain cannot decipher the message and can only see Elizabeth Tan singing with her blue stewardess uniform. 🙂
My point is please put a clear message on your advertisement, men cannot understand this kind of ad clearly. Please, if you want to promote Currency Exchange Service, please put Dollar and Euro Symbol or Elizabeth Tan holding a lot of Foreign money bill. Don’t just simply put Elizabeth Tan with guitar and a bag. We , men can easily get confuse. 🙂
How To Buy Currency Online with CIMB Travel Currency
Elizabeth Tan CIMB Currency Travel
OK now I can clearly understand by looking at the picture above. Let say if I want to buy One Thousand American Dollar USD 1000 from CIMB Travel Currency can I get Elizabeth Tan number hehe.
- First I need to go to CIMB Travel Currency Site.
- Select my American Dollar from the foreign money list.
- Check the Exchange Rate.
- From my survey on 20 October 2015, the rate is quite good
- USD 1 is equal to RM 4.28 even though real time QE Currency stated RM 4.24
- Next screen, my order will be listed. I can also add more foreign currency. Let say I want to buy Euro currency, I just can click Add another currency plus sign.
- For Collection details, I need to enter my personal details and bank location to pick up my Dollar and Euro money. You can select location from CIMB Branch at all major airports including KLIA and KLIA2.
- Unfortunately for amount more than RM 5000, CIMB staff will call you first within 2 days to confirm your order and after that you can proceed to make the payment. This to make sure that you a not a scammer.
- Lastly, you final order page will look like this.
**If you order is below RM 5,000, you can proceed to pay the amount via CIMBClicks or from other bank.
A few reminder :
- Please make sure, the person that is going to collect the money at the selected bank must be you and all details are exactly match with the form you filled.
- If you want other people to pick it up, it is not possible. You can call CIMB to rearrange pick up time.
- You have 60 days to pick up the money you ordered, so please plan wisely.
[UPDATE : This Post is no longer VALID since Maybank has improved their Debit Card Service. Please refer my latest post regarding Maybank Debit Card. Thanks ]
I read in the net that Maybank launched a new Maybank Visa Debit Card, I said WOW! that would be great since I have a saving account with them.So, I am expecting free service, easy top up and more shopping at the Internet. I am glad more local banks start offering Visa debit card facility.
Steven Wong has made a summary about this new card :
To review whether this Visa debit card compatible to PayPal withdrawal, I spend sometimes to read on Maybank website, and here is the quick summary for your info:
- Maybank’s Group ATM in Singapore, Brunei and Philippines: RM2 each
- MEPS network: RM1 each
- Visa Plus Network: RM12 each
Existing Maybank ATM card holders can convert their cards with the one time cost of RM12. It is also the same cost for card replacement.
However, if you used up to 7 years (upon the expiry date, you will get the replacement at FOC).
Earn 1 TreatPoint for every RM3 purchases.
No annual fees, monthly interest rates or late charges.
So, since I am a Tune Card user plus have a Maybank saving account, I think it would be good if I compare this two card, rite ?
Below is a brief comparison of our very own Tune card Prepaid Visa Card vs Visa-branded debit card
||Maybank Visa Debit Card
||Tune Card Visa Prepaid
||– Service charge for withdrawal transaction for:
Maybank’s Group ATM in Singapore, Brunei and Philippines: RM2 each
MEPS network: RM1 each
Visa Plus Network: RM12 each
|Annual fee ; RM 9.99
RM 2 only for Top Up at CIMB Bank, POS Malaysia and BSN
RM 1.15 withdrawals at CIMB ATM machine
RM0.50 only for online top up
|Cash Out PAYPAL
||Maybank2u,CIMB and POS office
I better stick with Tune Visa Prepaid Card, Why ? As you can see it is more flexible and Internet friendly. The most important thing is you can withdraw your PayPal money with it.:)
By the way, you can use Maybank ATM card in Petronas Petrol Pump and selected Supermarket so why Maybank want to promote this Debit card instead. I think their business idea for this Debit card is weak because you don’t want to go abroad only carrying debit card right?. At least you must have a spare credit card for emergency.
For me, debit card or Prepaid card is only suitable for Internet transaction. Buy ticket,hosting,domain and eBay online. So if maybank overlook this thing than their debit card will be nowhere compared to by Tune Prepaid Visa Card.
Several feedback that I got :
1. The question now is: Can Maybank Visa Debit cards compatible to PayPal withdrawal? I search on the web and try to find any review on that, unfortunately, there is no review so far. The closest was Uncle FL Sam on his withdrawal to Maybank Visa Credit Card.
So, I called up this morning to Maybank Customer Service to find out the details. The Maybank staff that I spoke to also not sure whether it is workable. After 20 minutes checking and waiting, she told me “NO” for PayPal withdrawal. steven wong
2. I try to add MBB Visa Debit card with Paypal, its not work. The following message will appear…
“This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer’s customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.” zahidi
p style=”text-align: center;”>
First of all, I would like to thanks all of my reader since my blog is no 4 in Google search page for the keyword “tunemoney”. That is after Tunemoney.com itself. 🙂 As my friend always mention, “What you give you will get back”.
Back to my mission to cash out my paypal account, as mention here. I called Tunemoney.com several time using my handphone at 600 83 7999, but failed. I even email to them since nobody call me for my application status.
After a few days, I got an idea to try to call that number using fixed line,
The line is through. After a few standard procedure question for verification, my card is already at POS office Tesco Shah Alam. The best thing was, tunemoney.com will NOT call you to pick up the card. Just go the appointed POS office after 7 working days.
So my advice, just call Tunemoney.com first to make sure. Rather blindly asking the counter, and your card is still not available. Wasting time and money, right?. Tunecard is still new since my number is 140,and the first person to pick up at POS office Tesco Shah Alam.Even the lady at the counter still got to be assist by her supervisor.
Just bring your IC, sign a few documents and pay RM 3 to them.That’s all. After that sign at the back of the card, and activate it.