NameCheap and Godaddy, Here Comes New Contender!
There is a new domain daddy in town. Google is very serious about domain business. Google wants to complete blogger with Google domains. So internet user can totally use Google service when blogging at cheaper cost.
Google has opened up their domain services to all US internet user. Last year, only user with invitation can use Google Domain services.
Google Domains Features, that you should know :
- More than 60 domains ending like .company, .florist and .coffee (view the full list here)
- Simple Domain Management Tools. You can configure domain, website and email setting with just a few clicks.
- Easy Integration with Blogger .
- Private Registration at no cost. Unlike other domain registrar, you have to pay extra to hide your details.
- Fast, Reliable and Secure Internet Google Infrastructure. For me Google = Internet, if Google down, then Internet must be down too.
- Customize your domain with up to 100 sub-domains, For example lankapo.com, you can have best.lankapo.com, powerlah.lankapo.com and a lots more.
- Create up to 100 email aliases with your domain, . WoW! firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Its look like sooner or later, i should transfer all my domains to Google Domains.
How to Buy Domain at Google Domain even You are outside of US
I just found this trick to buy domain from Google. You need to have an address in US. That’s all.
I already bought one domain for my 2015 affiliate project. My domain list :
A few domains are still active and updated. The rest is still without a hosting.
What do you need to buy domain from Google :
- Gmail account
- Debit /Credit Card
- Card Billing Address ( Malaysia in my case)
- Any US postcode
1. First, Register at Google Domain by using your gmail account. Then search for your favorite domain keyword.
2. There will be a pop up saying that ” We’re sorry. You appear to be in a country where Google Domains is not yet available” Just ignore and click Continue
3. Domain availability will pop up, select your desired domain and please make sure you have enough balance in your debit card /credit card before you make a purchase.
4. Click proceed to checkout to proceed with payment
5. Fill in your personal details. Make sure your address is valid and legitimate. Also make sure that your address is the same with your card billing address. DO NOT use US address here.
6. Next step, fill in your card details. i just use my Maybank Debit Card. Pay attention on the red box. On Name and Hone Location, make sure you put your name and US postcode.
7. Actually I got the US postcode by using EziPos Malaysia. Any other US valid postcode should be work actually. I just want to be on the safe side. Remember Google did say that as long as you have a US billing address, you are good to go.
8. Then you will receive “Uh oh, There was a problem”. Don’t worry, we actually expect this Technical Error to happen. Click Close. Then try again o buy your selected domain. You wont have to fill in details on your address and card as it already stored in the system. (This is some kinda of big I guess)
9. After you repeat with buying process, Google Wallet screen will appear like below picture. Google has identify you as user from US. Proceed by clicking BUY button.
10. Final step, after Google successfully charge your card, you will have this simple management domain tool like below. You can link/forward your domain to blogger or existing website. You can also create sub domain and email easily. The GUI is straightforward.
Good Luck by trying this method. I just want to say that I will not held responsible if you fail or loose money in order to purchase domain from Google Domains. Try at your own risk.
I believe that there is a bug at step no 8. I just hope that by the time that Google realize that bug, Google Domains already open to all.
So far I already bought one domain and have no problem with it. One tiny problem, if you change the DNS, you will be not able to use email and subdomain features. So I just stick with Google DNS and point my domain to blogger platform.
Ok that is all for now. See you and have a nice day.
Today I would like to do some tutorial on How To Download Video from Youtube/Facebook or Vimeo using KeepVid.
Well it’s actually a video tutorial using Desktop Recorder in my Lubuntu 14.10. Since it is easy to use KeepVid, so i just show in a video.
Easy Download as ABC
Let say you really like this video for example, Transformer Movie Trailer or new music video by Taylor Swift and you want to download it to your tab or computer. KeepVid is your answer.
Easy to use, just cut and paste the video url and click download.
After that you can choose what format do you want to download, either 480p or 720p (HD). The output format is solely base on your source video, so if its low quality, KeepVid cannot come out with HD Video. So choose your video wisely to get the best result.
Usually I download all Season episode of Upin Ipin or BoBoiBoy for my daughter and watch in on TV. She really loves BoBoiBoy, and sometime I can hear her laugh so loud watching this episode.
Or you can also download FULL MOVIE HD on Youtube, just search for the right keyword. Just make sure its in HD quality so you wont get disappointed when watching it on TV.
Any Video, KeepVid Can Download
According to KeepVid, they not only can download video from Yotube and Facebook but also Twitch.TV, Vimeo, DailyMotion and many more.
KeepVid Video Downloader is a free web application that allows you to
download videos from sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch.Tv, Vimeo,
Dailymotion and many more. All you need is the URL of the page that has
the video you want to download. Enter it in the textbox above and simply
click ‘Download‘. KeepVid will then fetch download links in all possible formats that the particular site provides.
With different kind of format option available for download, you can save it and watch in your smartphone. So you can watch it while waiting for flight at the airport to kill some time. Its flexible.
Please watch the video below on how to download video/movie form Youtube and Facebook.
Make sure your computer have JAVA installed. If not you can install additional plug-in for Chrome or Firefox as showed on the video to enable KeepVid to work.
Ok guys, enjoy the video.
Today I would like to do a Tutorial on How To Link Your Domain .my to WordPress Blog.
This tutorial is useful particularly when you just bought a new domain.my from myNIC during a promotion and want to link it to one of your wordpress blog.
In my experience, linking common domain such as .com .net or .org is easy compare to .my. It is because myNIC is giving you a hard time to configure their setting to change a nameserver.
There are 3 Steps to link domain .my to your WordPress blog :
- Addon domain to your cpanel hosting
- Identify your hosting nameserver
- Modify nameserver at myNIC
1. Addon Domains on Your Hosting Cpanel
The reason I want to addon domains is because I already have a domain and hosting, lankapo.com. So I just want to link my new domain .my that I got free to my lankapo.com hosting.
This will save money because I don’t have to buy a new hosting to link my new .my domain.
In case you still don’t have a hosting, I would like to recommend ServerFreak, been a loyal customer for 6 years now. If you have a hosting only and want to dedicate to your new domain .my, you can proceed to step 2.
How to Addon Domains on your Hosting cpanel :
a. Login to your hosting cpanel
b. Go to Domains, Addon Domains
c. Add your new domain.my like below
d. Then, go to Softaculous menu, and install WordPress on your new subdomain. In my example, I need to install at my public_html/visitturkey.my
2. Identify your Hosting Nameserver
You can check your hosting nameserver at www.ip-adress.com. In my example, I want to link my visitturkey.my to my lankapo.com/visitturkey.my. So I need to find nameserver for my lankapo.com. So I need to enter lankapo.com on search box in www.ip-adress.com.
Find your nameserver and save it on a notepad. Below is an example of my nameserver.
Find your name server
Second option, you can also get information about your nameserver from your hosting provider. Just write a support email to them. My Serverfreak replied my support email even at 3 am.
3. Modify Nameserver at myNIC
This is the tricky part, there are a few steps that you need to take before you can change myNIC nameserver to your domain nameserver.
a. Appoint a Technical Contact
First of all, you need to appoint yourself as a technical contact before you can change the nameserver of myNIC. (I will use my kitabpink.my domain as an example )
- So you need to login to myNIC and select Domain Name, go to Modify Domain (Remember to find your contact code in myNIC email during registration. You need it to login to myNIC system)
- Search your domain.my and select it
- From the drop down menu, tick Appoint a New Technical Contact as picture below.
- Key in your contact code and click search icon. A list will appear, click your name and select button.
- Next you will get a confirmation email, stated that you have been appointed as a New Technical Contact for your domain.
b. Modify Namerserver myNIC
To modify the nameserver, go to menu select again Modify Domain, Search your domain and make sure there is a green box on Technical Column like picture below.
- If not, you have to redo step a above.
- After you select your domain with Technical Contact checked, a new menu will appear, Modify Name Servers will appear like below.
- Tick Modify Name Servers and select Add / Remove / Change Name Server.
Follow below steps and refer to above picture :
1. Click search icon and a pop up browser will appear.
2. Key in you nameserver from your notepad at [Name Server Hostname]
3. Click search button
4. Search Result will appear, click select button to change myNIC nameserver to your nameserver.
* Redo step 1 to 4 again and add the 2nd nameserver.
You will see your myNIC nameserver change to your domain nameserver, slightly like my picture below :
** Double check your nameserver, then most importantly click Modify button to save changes that you have made. If not you have to redo back all steps above.
- An email will be send to you to confirm that change have been made to your myNIC domain nameserver.
You have to wait 6 hours or up to 24 hours to allow your myNIC domain to propogate to your subdomain/wordpress blog.
Please be patient, in the mean time you can setup your wordpress blog first. Add beautiful theme and plugins.
After that, you can test your new domain.my on your browser. Good Luck
If you find this tutorial is helpful, please share or bookmark.
If you have question, please write it in comment section.
Once a transfer is done, the Recipient will receive a secure code via SMS to perform the cardless withdrawal at any Maybank ATM Machines in Malaysia without requiring an ATM Card.
Follow Steps Below To Initiate a Cardless Withdrawal
Login to Maybank2u, click on Transfers and proceed to Cardless Withdrawal.
Click Open Cardless Withdrawal
Please key in your recipient’s mobile number. Please ensure the phone number is correct or you will send the money to a wrong person. Write recipient’s name and amount of money.
The maximum amount is RM 300 per day. Only 2 transaction is allowed for the same recipient mobile number.
There is a charge fee of RM 1 for every Cardless Withdrawal transaction.
Please click Continue button to proceed.
Request a TAC number. Enter TAC and click confirm upon verifying the details.
Status of transaction will be displayed. The Recipient will be notified via SMS of transfer of funds together with a transaction.
You will receive an SMS with a withdrawal code that needs to be informed to the Recipient. So just send a Whatsap or sms the withdrawal code to the recipients.
How to withdraw cash at the ATM?
Your recipient will receive SMS regarding your transfer and transaction ID. Again, you need to send to the Recipient Withdrawal code by yourself. Its not auto send by Maybank.
The Recipient only have 24 hours to cash the money at any Maybank ATM.
First, go to any Maybank ATM. Make sure the Recipient have both code to cash out the money. Press any button on ATM machine menu or keypad. Select the language, then select Cardless Withdrawal from the main menu.
Next, please enter the 16 to 17 digit transaction ID received via SMS.
The transaction ID actually consists of the 6 digit transaction ID followed by the Recipient’s 10 to 11 digit mobile number.
The Recipient will need to enter the 6 digit withdrawal code provided by the Sender.
Example : 654321
After successful validation of the transaction ID and withdrawal code only, Money will be dispensed.
ATM slip will be produced with the transaction details.
Note: In case of problem during transaction, only sender can report to Maybank Customer Service for further investigation.
The Cheapest Way to Transfer Money to Overseas
Normally, for internationally money transfer, I would prefer Western Union to send money from Turkey to Malaysia, as the fee is much cheaper compare to Telegraphic Transfer (TT).
I believe a lot of businessman and parents are looking for a cheaper way to send money abroad either to pay for product from oversea or paying their children university tuition fee..
Maybank has introduced a cheapest way to send money abroad by using M2U Visa Direct.
M2U Visa Direct enables Maybank2u customers to transfer money to any overseas issued debit, credit or prepaid Visa Cardholders via Maybank2u and Visa Network.
You can make a real time fund transfer for a flat service that cost RM 10 to more than 200 countries. However you can send money for FREE /waived from 4 November till 31 December 2014.
You can send to any overseas issued Visa cards worldwide. However, M2U Visa Direct is not available to Visa cards issued in only 8 countries i.e.
Too bad USA is on the list, since a lot of Malaysian students are studying there. As for businessman you can always find other alternatives such as Singapore to buy your product. As nowadays, regional agent will take care all enquiries from ASEAN countries.
How To Transfer Money Abroad Using M2U Visa Direct
M2U Visa Direct is a cross border fund transfer service that allows Maybank Savings and Current account customers to perform fund transfers using Maybank2u online to overseas Visa debit, credit and prepaid cardholders via Maybank2u.
The funds are credited directly to the beneficiary’s card account where the beneficiary can either perform a cash withdrawal or spend at participating Visa merchants.
Please follow below instructions to use M2U Visa Direct using Maybank2u :
1) Open Maybank2u account online. Go to Transfers and click Open M2U Visa Direct.
2) Declaration and Terms and Conditions. This is Bank Negara Foreign Exchange Administration Rules, so you have to declare either you are Resident with or without Domestic borrowing. Click Agree to Terms and Conditions then click Accept.
3) Next step, you have to declare purpose of transferring the money abroad. Such as
i) Transferring to a Resident for Investment Abroad
ii) Transferring to Non Resident for Investment Abroad
v) Payment to Immediate family members
4) Key in recipient’s Visa Card number and name and click continue
5) On this next screen, please key in amount in USD or Malaysian Ringgit that you want to transfer. Bare in mind there is a transfer limit.
- Minimum transfer amount – RM300
- Maximum transfer amount – RM7,500 daily
- Maximum transaction limit of RM50K or 8 transactions per calendar month
6) Request for TAC and key in your TAC code and click confirm and you are good to go.
* Notice that the Exchange Rate that bank charge is quite high 3.5397 as ringgit value is falling.
** Also you can see the Fast Fund Status on the screen.
- Fast Fund – within 30 minutes
- Non fast fund – within 2 working days
M2U Visa Direct Features
M2U Visa Direct Service is 24 hours x 7 days except during Maybank2u maintenance hours. Just make sure you have enough money in your Maybank account.
You can almost make a transfer on a real time directly to overseas Visa debit, credit and prepaid card accounts to more than 200 countries. The beneficiary has the option to use the funds directly at participating Visa merchants or cashing it out. No “hidden cost ” to beneficiary to receive the money.
My 2 cents
M2U is convenient and cheap way to send money to overseas. You don’t have to go to the bank to fill in forms and wait for your number like Telegraphic Transfer or Western Union.
However, due to the currency rate for Ringgit is worsening right now maybe its not the best time to send your money abroad.
What is SSM e-Info Company Watch
SSM e-Info Company Watch service is a service that allows you to monitor either your competitor, business partner, an investment or potential investment information. This service will provide you with any new information or changes in address, directors, managers, company secretary, share capital and shareholding, etc. You will be notified thru email service.
How to spy your competitor company’s information
credit photo Xmedia
The question now, how bad do you want to know about your competitor or future investment informations ?
I had this one interesting experience with my previous company that i worked before. We were working on this new project to supply ship’s equipment for major shipyard in Lumut. Business and Technical Proposal were prepared for submission. Suddenly the management of this shipyard requested us to submit our proposal to a new company.
This company were not even related to shipping industries. We were quite disappointed because all preparation has been made. I did some research on this new company using SSM e-Info Company. We were quite surprise to find out that the shareholder of this new company is actually the same director of the Shipyard. Maybe they are channelling fund to this new company, I am not sure. The point here is that when you got extra information, you can plan your next move.
In my opinion, if SSM can provide your email service to notify when new information of your targeted company updated, its really a good deal. There are 2 type of package offered :
1 ) Company Watch Basic
– Email will be sent to you when your targeted company information has some changes. Then, you will decide either to purhcase the updated information from SSM e-Info. You can save money and time using this type of service.
2) Company Watch Premium
– With Company Watch Premium, you will be also alerted by an e-mail that a change or changes has been made in the information od the compnay that you targeted with an email attachment. Email attachment will consist of information that has been updated in pdf format. This type of service is suitable for you if that new piece of information is really critical.
That extra information is like a secret weapon to you. You will know if your future Joint Venture partner is lying or not about his/her company. For me, honesty and trust are the key factor to be successful in business.
Easy to Pay
SSM provided an easy subscription plan on www.ssm-einfo.my , just sign up and login your id and password. You will be guided on how to subscribe. Payment can be made via credit card or pre-paid account.
Prices are quite cheap –
- RM5.00 per company for Company Watch Basic
- RM20.00 per company for Company Watch Premium
Page 2 of 8«12345...»Last »