According to MyCert, there is 3921 fraud cases reported in Malaysia last year. With the advance of technology and IT, phishing email can sometime look genuine. Once you click the given link, you will not aware that you are in a fake bank website.
Thus Maybank would like to introduce new security upgrades on Maybank2u website and mobile app to ensure online transaction is secure and protect from online threat. The 2 security upgrade will take effect on 4th March 2017.
Maybank2u Login Upgrade
User will be required to validate their security image and phrase upon login to Maybank2u. Before this user only have to check their security image and phrase after entering username.
This will ensure that user are accessing to Maybank’s official website or app and not a FAKE site. Enhanced Maybank2u Login also will protect user online banking transactions with Maybank.
No More Access from Jailbroken and Rooted devices
Today smartphone user prefer to Jailbreak and Root their devices to install third party software or to upgrade their smartphone kernel. Maybank decided not to allow rooted or jailbreak phone to use Maybank apps. Because rooted and jailbreak device are vulnerable to fraudulent attacks.
So if you want to install Maybank App on your jailbreak or rooted smartphone, you have to format it back to factory setting. Or you can login to Maybank2u using internet browser.
Source : Maybank
Believe it or not, even smart highly educated can be tricked into this phone scam.
The fraudster can be so calm and professional thus make you believe that he is from the bank.
He/She will create an emergency situation regarding your bank account. It can be anything. From to confirm a credit card transaction that was charged to your card. Or someone just called to confirm that you have apply for new credit card. If you deny it, the fraudster will give a fake number of Bank Negara for you to call.
The complice from Bank Negara will ask for your confidential information and bank details.
If you are panic and in a hurry you might fall to this trap. So please be very careful whenever you received a call from a bank.
How to Identify Telephone Scams Call
When you hear this any of this 6 statement. Then you better be careful.
- “Give your username, ATM card number in order for us to investigate your account”
- “Do not check your account and tell anyone for at least 3 days”
- “Kindly call this number to speak to the Bank Negara Officer”
- “Change your TAC mobile number at ATM”
- “You have a pending credit card payment”
- “Someone is using your info to apply for a credit card”
What you should do if you received a scam call?
- DO NOT reveal your credit/debit card details or online banking details
- DO NOT respond to any sms that claiming it’s coming from Bank Negara. Bank Negara officer will never call you to ask for your credit/debit card or banking particulars.
- DO NOT follow any instruction
- PLEASE CALL BANK CALL CENTER
- MAYBANK – 1300-88-66-88 immediately
CIMB – +603 6204 7788
I changed my Maybank ATM Debit Card at Maybank Kampar last December. I came on Saturday and it took about two hours to get my new card. As we all know, starting March 2016, in phases, all Maybank Cards will be replaced with PIN-enabled Cards. Here in Turkey, a lot of them prefer to use card than cash even when to buy a pack of cigarettes. They will key in pin number when use card to pay. Here are the 3 Ways to replace your Maybank ATM/Debit Card to MyDebit Card for FREE
You can have the new MyDebit Card delivered to you at NO CHARGE via Maybank2u by following these simple steps:
- Log on to Maybank2u
- Click on “Card Management”
- Click on “ATM/Debit Card”
- Verify your mailing address and accept the terms and conditions
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Upon successful verification, your new MyDebit Card will be delivered to you for FREE within 21 working days. Not on Maybank2u yet? Click here to register now
Maybank Express Debit Card Replacement Kiosk (e-Kiosk)
||The e-Kiosk is a self-service kiosk for customers to replace their ATM/Debit Card to the new PIN-enhanced MyDebit Card.Click here to find out the locations It is open daily from 8.00am till 10.00pm. Customers are required to bring along their IC / MyKad and existing ATM/Debit Card. First time replacement is FREE.
Go to Your Nearest Maybank Branches
Clear your schedule on Saturday. Go early in the morning and get your number. Bring your old ATM card and Mykad.
When traveling abroad, there is one things that you should prepare beside planning for hotel, budget, foods and etc. That is to activate your Debit ATM Maybank Card. There are few advantages when you activate your Maybank ATM Debit Card:
- Get TREATS Points when spend oversea
- Set Purchase limit for better control
- Access to worldwide ATM for cash withdrawal
- Track transactions via maybank2u.com.my
 How to activate Oversea Flag and Purchase Limit?
There are 2 ways that you can activate your Maybank Debit Card
- click ATM/Debit card Management
- select Overseas Activation or purchase Limit
- Select “Other Transaction”
- Select “Other Services”
- Select “Oversea/PLUS ATM Service”
- Select activate “Temporary”.
Enter your new mykad to confirm
Set Purchase Limit
For your spending convenience abroad, ensure to set the purchase limit for your Debit Card with these steps:
Daily default purchase limit is RM1,000 for VISA Debit and RM 2000 for MASTER Card Debit. You can change the limit up to RM 5000 (Visa) and RM10000 (MasterCard) via Maybank2u and ATM.
My Experience with Maybank2u
Nowadays with new online technology and security there are still some of my friend that go to Bank ATM to make payment and money transfer. They still feel insecure about online banking or have a lot of free time.
As for me, Maybank2u is my trusted online banking since living outside Malaysia. Every month I will make money transfer and payment from my Maybank saving account. Although before this I had a problem to receive TAC code.
This is because Maybank do not recognise overseas phone number to send TAC code. So I have to bought a prepaid U Mobile and register with Maybank2u.
Luckily, I can receive TAC Maybank2u code thru sms even using U Mobile prepaid sim card. UMobile using Vodafone Network in Turkey. So every month I need to top up my UMobile prepaid with Maybank2u. I will use the U Mobile credit accumulated when I’m back in Malaysia. Yes, you can use Malaysian telco to receive TAC code as long as your mobile use local network provider when travel to oversea.
New Maybank2U Mobile Apps
However for Maybank2u mobile app, I had a bad experience using it. Lack of useful features and some time hang during login process. I prefer using the Maybank2u online desktop version. Until I read on Maybank2u website that new mobile up is coming.
On March 7, 2016, Maybank has updated and enhance their Maybank2u Mobile Android Apps. First created in 2011 with 2 million downloads and numbers are increasing each day. I download and install on my Asus phone.
The all-new mobile Maybank2u apps have added 7 new features :
- Mobile Transfer
- Cardless Withdrawal – With this new app, you can send money to anyone and recipient can withdraw without an ATM card.
- Credit to Account – Transfer fund to anyone just using their mobile number. Yup, you can do pretty anything with mobile number nowadays.
- eSign-up – Make a Fixed Deposit placement.
- One-Off Bill Payment – Make an open bill payment for selected utility payees.
- Promotion – Get the get latest promotions on dining, shopping, travel and more.
- ARound Me – Scan your surrounding and find nearby Maybank branches, ATMs and promotions within 2km from where you are. This is useful when you travel and outstation.
- Share It – Like something on the Maybank2u app? We’ve made it easy for you to share it on Facebook and Twitter. Sharing is caring rite!
- Apply Online – Experience the simple steps to open our existing current account product i.e. Maybank2u.Premier.
Easy Mobile Transfer With Mobile Number
This feature come in handy when you are outside and need to transfer money urgently.
Recipient will be able to receive the funds via:
Cardless Withdrawal – withdraw cash at any Maybank ATM or;
Credit to Account – deposit the funds directly to account using the mobile app.
Steps to Send Money to a Mobile Number:
Step 1: Go to Funds Transfer and select Mobile Transfer.
Step 2: Key in the amount and select option for Recipient to receive funds i.e. Cardless or Credit to Account.
Step 3: Provide the SMS Code to Recipient for collection.
Steps to Receive Money via Cardless Withdrawal:
Step 1: Get the SMS Code from Sender.
Step 2: Go to any Maybank ATM and enter the SMS Code and Transaction ID for verification.
Step 3: Collect your cash!
Steps to Receive Money via Credit To Account:
Step 1: Get the SMS Code from Sender.
Step 2: Launch the M2U Mobile App. Select Mobile Transfer without logging in to M2U.
Step 3: Enter the SMS Code and Transaction ID for verification.
Step 4: Choose your desired bank and key in your account number.
Step 5: Your money will be deposited at real-time!
So far the Maybank2u mobile apps, have not let me down. No crash and error or even hang.
For security make sure you don’t store your user id and password on your smartphone in case of stolen.
Maybe on next entry I need to use mobile transfer to show how it really works.
Back in the old days, queuing at the bank to withdraw money is tiresome. I remember once when I was in a boarding school in Pekan Pahang, I have to run back to my hostel because I forgot to bring my identification card when already at the bank.
I have no other choice but to run because bus will take a long time and the gate will be close around 5 pm . Taxi, hello.. I am a student and probably the money I have at that time is 70 cents, enough to get to the bank by bus. Can you imagine, I ran back to my hostel, took my IC and retun back to the bank. The distance between my hostel and bank around 2km. Fuhh. I must be really fit that time haha 🙂
Nowdays, we are so lucky that bank use online transaction like Maybank2u and CIMBclicks.
Maybank2u and ASB
Today, I just want to share on how to send money to Amanah Saham Bumiputera or ASB. Since I am living abroad, usually I will transfer money to my father using Western Union and asked him to invest in my ASB account at Maybank counter.
Then I read on Maybank2u that I can transfer online to my ASB account. That is good news, I don’t have to trouble my father anymore. I only manage to link my Maybank2u to ASB last September, when I flew back to Malaysia for short holiday. I also have to change my mobile number registered to Maybank2u because the old one already terminated.
It is really important because, I need to receive TAC number for any transaction to be made except for Favorite account. Luckily, I manage to receive my TAC code even I am abroad. I use Umobile prepaid and need to top up every month to maintain the number. Here, my Umobile number is using Vodafone TR network. At first, I was quite skeptical using prepaid number to receive sms from Maybank2u and register a new line number is not an option. Even the guy that sold me the prepaid number was not sure, he even call his umobile agent to confirm. The UMobile told him that, I can receive sms from Maybank even I am abroad by maintaining balance RM50 on my phone. It easy to have RM50 balance because I cannot use it here, cannot call only sms.
Lets focus back to Maybank2u and ASB.
Maybank2u ASB Registration
In order for us to transfer money to ASB online using Maybank2u, we have to register our ASB account into Maybank2u. Please have your ASB account book and handphone in front of you during registration.
- Login to Maybank2u.com and click Investment tab and select “ASNB Unit Trust” from the menu.
- After that click “Add” to Register your ASNB Account
- After that, select “Amanah Saham Bumiputera”, click continue and Request for a TAC Number
- Next page will be Declaration page. You have to check acknowledge the terms and conditions. There a a few important details that you need to aware :
- Service fee for transaction money to ASB is RM 1 plus 6% GST = RM1.06. NOT 6% from the amount that you transfer to ASB. 6% GST is only charged from Service Fee only.
- Transaction after 5pm will be considered as next business day transaction.
- You can transfer money to third party account ASB holder. Let say you register your wife or children ASB account.
- After you click next, you will be presented with online form like below. Key in your Membership No(ASB Account number), Membership ID (IC Number) and Type along with your Name and click “Continue”
- Make sure you refer to your ASB account book, your name on the book and maybank2u must be the same. Confirm all the details displayed and fill in the TAC code received. Click “Confirm” to continue.
- When the Confirmation Status page is displayed, keep the record for your reference. Your registered ASB account will be pending for approval. Usually it will take 36 to 48 hours. You can transfer money when you get Active green status.
How to Transfer Money from Maybank2u to ASB
When you account status is active, you can transfer money to your ASB account. Follow the steps below:
- Select “ASB Payment” from the top sub menu
- Select the account for payment from the dropdown list and click “Continue”
- Next is declaration page, please read and understand the Declaration. Check the box to acknowledge the terms and conditions. Click “Next”
- Key in the amount you would like to invest and select the account you wish to make the payment from in the dropdown list. Click “Continue”
- Confirm the details of the transaction and click “Confirm”
- When the Payment Status page appears, click “Print Receipt” and keep it for your future reference. If any problem with the transaction, Maybank will reimburse your money not ASB.
- It will take 1 or 2 business days for the money you transferred to available on your ASB account, so be patient. My advice, try transfer with small amount. Then check, how long it will take or are you facing any problem during transaction before you can proceed with larger amounts.
That’s all for now tutorial sharing from me. Hope you can invest and save money in your ASB account thru Maybank2u. Good luck.