This is another App that you should have for your smartphone. WhatsApp is bringing BBM-like messaging to any phone, all that you need to do is to give it your phone number. Then all your friend in your contact list that use WhatsApp. While BBM is only limited to your Blackberry friends, but using WhatsApp you can communicate with iPhone, Android and Nokia user.
WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messenger that replaces SMS and works through the existing internet data plan of your device. WhatsApp is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia Symbian60 phones. Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.
* MULTIPLATFORM * GROUP CHAT * PUSH NOTIFICATIONS *FREE TEXT & MMS
How is WhatsApp Messenger different from SMS?
SMS is an older messaging system with a limited functionality and high cost. WhatsApp Messenger aims to provide more at a lower cost. We are sure you and your friends will figure out the difference between SMS and WhatsApp Messenger very quickly.
Are phone calls free when using WhatsApp?
No, the “Call” functionality is there simply for your convenience. Mobile carrier charges apply for voice calls made from WhatsApp.
What are those green checkmarks next to my messages?
We are glad you asked. These green checkmarks are actually very important since they function as message delivery acknowledgement indicators. Here is what they mean:
– message successfully delivered to the server.
– message succesfully delivered to the device of the chat partner. (note: this does not indicate that message was read, just that it was delivered)
Why use the status functionality of WhatsApp?
You can use the Status functionality of WhatsApp to inform your contacts about your mobile availability or anything else you’d like. For example:
- You are in a meeting and it is best to send you a WhatsApp Message or an email
- You are about to get on a plane and can only be reached after a certain time
- You are at the gym and don’t have your phone handy
- Your battery is about to die and you prefer calls on your work number
- Or you are sleeping, in a class, at the movies, or at a loud concert
My friend downloaded and installed WhatsApp but i can’t chat with him/her… Why?
This issue rarely happens since our app is quite smart, but in case you do run into this problem, make sure your friend’s phone number is saved in your Address Book with a full international format starting with the + sign.
I changed my phone number, how can I update WhatsApp?
Step 1: update your WhatsApp status with new phone number. Step 2: delete WhatsApp and re-install and register with your new phone number